INFORMATION SESSIONS & EVENTS
We are excited to partner and host various Information Sessions on a variety of topics.
These events are as easy as they sound.
Different topics are discussed at each of the 1 hour sessions.
Bring your snacks and learn some great information!
Contact the Chamber office to register for an upcoming session or if you are interested in hosting a session.
Call 902-836-3209 or Email the Chamber Office.
What are Business Socials?
The Kensington and Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business Socials provide an fantastic opportunity to kick-back and relax while growing your network and recommending your products and services.
Word-of-mouth in a small community is important, and success often depends on “who you know or tell.”
Our socials welcome members and non-members to attend.
Don't forget to bring your business cards to share and maybe to WIN something!
Here are a few tips that will help you host an effective, successful Business Social:
* If you have a large enough office, throw a Business Social there to get exposure for your business
* The venue must be large enough to accommodate up to 20-40 people
* Have space to set up exhibitor’s tables with access to electrical outlet
* Offer food and beverage stations * Plan the Social no less than eight weeks in advance
* Invite as many guests as you can think of
* Get businesses/people to donate door prizes
* Designate several of your staff to greet the guests as they arrive
* Name tags should be available
* At the end of the Social, spend no more than about ten minutes doing introductions and giving door prizes
* The host provides complimentary refreshments for a minimum of 20-40 people
* Optional: The host arranges to have a cash bar at the venue. The host is required to obtain a temporary license if the facility is not licensed
Interested in hosting? Contact Julie at the office and book a date!
tips on hosting a social
exhibiting at a social
* Each exhibitor will be provided with a table to display
your product or marketing collateral.
* It is FREE to exhibit if you are a member
and is $15.00 if you are a non-member.
* We recommend you provide a door prize and a ballot box
on your table to collect business cards
* Follow up with them after the event is over
* Remember space is usually limited.
* For exhibiting opportunities please contact Julia.